Off Plans Room-by-Room Heat Loss Calculation
Abode Heat are experienced in completing room-by-room heat loss calculations for use in sizing low-carbon heating systems like heat pumps. With our room-by-room heat loss calculation service, we will provide you with a formal MCS compliant heat loss calculation completed using the process set out by CIBSE (Charted Institute of Building Services Engineers) and the following standards:
- The Domestic Heating Design Guide 2014 and EN 12831.
- The UK standards for MCS MIS 3005.
The heating system should be considered as a key part of the build, not something done to the building at a later date
A formal room-by-room heat loss calculation is important when considering a heat pump system, whether you are a self-builder or renovator considering a heat pump for your build project, or a plumbing and heating engineer specifying and quoting a heat pump for a project you are working on.
Here is an article where you can find more details about the importance of a heat loss calculation and the information required to ensure the calculation is as accurate as possible.
To get the most out of your room-by-room heat loss calculation, let us know the following:
- What manufacturer of heat pump you are interested in installing and we will specify the relevant model required to meet the heat load of the property.
- What heating system you currently have installed/are considering, and we will include a comparison of the estimated running costs and carbon emissions for those heating systems.
- Current price per kWh for electricity and current heating fuel (gas, oil, LPG), so we can make sure this running cost estimate is as accurate as possible.
This service starts at £250 + VAT for a heat loss calculation for properties up to 300m2 floor area. (Larger and complex properties subject to additional cost)
Abode Heat can also complete borehole or ground loop designs to accurately size the ground collector array for a ground source heat pump system. This design uses information from the heat loss calculation, as well as local geological information to calculate the required length of the ground loops or boreholes. The cost for this ground loop design is an additional £250 + VAT. This is for ground source heat pumps only and not required for air source heat pump installations.
Getting a Heat Loss Calculation
Send us your plans by attaching them in the contact form below, alongside your name and contact details. One of our team will be in touch with you to confirm we have all the details required to complete the heat loss calculation and answer any questions you may have.
We will send an invoice to you for payment prior to the heat loss calculation report being sent out to you.
* This is a remote desktop service. Abode Heat take no liability for incorrect information, such as construction material U-values being provided. To ensure an accurate heat loss calculation, customers should ensure that the information supplied to Abode Heat is correct and up to date.
Request a Heat Loss Calculation
Great news for homeowners looking to transition to a more eco-friendly heating system in the UK! This week Prime…22nd September 2023
Despite being the only UK quality standard for the design and installation of heat pumps, there is a widely…19th September 2023
To help answer the common questions about installing and living with heat pumps, Vaillant has teamed up with Kevin…15th August 2023
There seems to be a common misconception that these older hard-to-treat properties are considered to be hard to heat,…9th August 2023