You may already have a good idea of what you want as your project is well advanced, or maybe you are at the design and planning stage and just don’t know where to start. We provide a free initial telephone consultation to understand your current situation and what you want to achieve. Please upload your plans via the contact form below.
We produce a clear specification of how much heat and hot water the building needs, by completing a CIBSE room by room heat loss analysis from the plans. With new builds and renovations, space heating demand is reducing, and hot water consumption is increasing. The heating system is a key part of the building design process.
We recommend a renewable heating solution that balances future energy savings with the proposed construction and insulation levels, project costs and practicality of installation.
We provide air source heat pumps, ground source heat pumps, heat battery storage and MVHR, together with radiators, underfloor heating or direct electric heating and reduce your heating costs.
We reduce your heating costs even further, by integrating solar PV or solar thermal to the system.
We give you best value, with a flexible approach to installation ensuring full MCS compliance and building control certification
- Many self-builders control costs and save money by doing some of the work themselves. We will work with you to identify where project costs can be minimised whilst installation standards are maintained. You will benefit from our extensive technical experience in renewable heating solutions with our package of detailed mechanical and electrical schematics and site specific method statements to ensure you are fully equipped to deliver your installation.
- We will support your trades teams with a full package of schematics and method statements to complete your installation. You will benefit from our extensive technical experience in renewable heating solutions with our package of detailed mechanical and electrical schematics and site specific method statements to ensure your trades are fully equipped to deliver your installation.
- We can provide a complete installation service with our local qualified teams across Cornwall, Devon and Somerset if you need this support too – all our teams are fully vetted for competency, technical accreditations and relevant insurances to work on your site to deliver your installation.
Whichever option is best for you, we will provide remote and on site project management to ensure the installation is completed efficiently, and we will fully commission the heating system and provide a detailed handover to you. We will register your installation with building control and MCS to ensure your solution is fully compliant.
Learn about our services
For a Heat Loss Calculation our consultants will take you through the process of our detailed survey, also providing system design if this would be of interest as a follow up for your project.
The report you will receive from a consultation enables you to make informed decisions, balancing the right technical solution and energy savings, with site practicalities and the cost of installing a new heating system.
As a part of this we will of course provide you with recommended solutions that we can help design, supply and install as an accredited renewable energy business by the Renewable Energy Consumer Code, Microgeneration Certification scheme and the NIC.
Please see an example heat loss calculation below:
Abode work with a range of air source heat pump providers.
Our team have been in the Mitsubishi partner program since 2010, providing installation and system design.
We work with SunAmp Heat Batteries to provide thermal energy storage for our customers.
Energy storage is the key to unlocking the benefits of renewable energy.
SunAmp have an amazing technology that lets our customers store free energy e.g. from solar PV, or charge at very low cost, compared to traditional heating systems. This is a real game changer.
- Tim Manning, Somerset
“Thank you very much for your services, true professionals. Look forward to working with you on the next project.”
- Dr Andy Chapman, Homeowner
"I thought you would be interested to know we only turned the boiler on this week for heating. Hot water had been from the Sunamp heat battery since you installed it. Well chuffed with it. Let me know when you know more about the new Valliant air source heat pump."
- Michael and Trish Hawes, Cornwall
"You were the most expensive of the quotes we received, but certainly the most comprehensive, and you certainly gave us the most confidence in terms of the required works and some cost certainty. We have been really happy with everything and are loving having decent hot water and heating!"
- Sprout Developments Ltd
"Thanks for all your help so far at Westholme on our latest project, Ali & Luke are a great gang to work with."
- Brian L Hunt, Cornwall
"Thank you again for your kind help and excellent co-ordination of this project."
Blog posts relevant to self-builders and renovations
An architect recently asked me to formally review a tender submission that included an air source heat pump. Both…31st October 2019
Without being able to quantify your heat and hot water requirement how can you possibly get the best advice…17th July 2019
80% of domestic energy requirements are for heat and hot water. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs explains why we invest…4th May 2019
80% of domestic energy requirements are for heat and hot water. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs explains why we invest…4th April 2019
There has been lots of debate over recent years on what is renewable heat. This can be simply defined...9th March 2019
80% of domestic energy requirements are for heat and hot water. Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs explains why we invest…5th March 2019
They do look noisy don’t they; is how I normally respond when a customer asks me that question –…26th February 2019